A special programme for moderately and mildly (trainable ) mentally challenged children of 6 to 18 yrs of mental age.
The programme is offered with various sections by special educators which includes:
- Self Help Skills
- Learning Three R's
- Training in Dance,Sports and Art.
- Speech Therapy
- Community Orientation
- Field Trips and Picnics
- Social behavior and Festival Celebration.
- Life skills including household skills
- Participation in various competitions for differentaly abled at local ,state and national level
- Training in various sports like Cricket, Badminton, Basketball, Athletics and Boccie
Home based programme is offered to children with severe and profound retardation
LRMP Project ('Learn, Run, Move and Play' ) for Differently Abled Children was initiated with the aim to promote and provide creative activities and quality sports training to special children and help them excel in the field. The activities help them develop a sense of self esteem, confidence and achievement through non-formal education techniques.
The children get an opportunity for training in fine arts, athletics, badminton, basketball, music and dance. Trained coaches and standard equipment are used for the programme .
A ratio 1:6 ratio is maintained for optimal benefit and individualized attention to the children.